MMO1080 - Post-medieval agricultural remains around Higher Broford (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (2)
- None recorded
Post-medieval field banks are visible as earthworks on vertical aerial photographs, in fields surrounding Higher Broford. Two parallel ditches lie to the north of the farm and these may be field gutters relating to a post-medieval water meadow system. [1-2] This record was enhanced as part of the National Record of the Historic Environment to Exmoor National Park Historic Environment Record data transfer project. 
- <1> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF CPE/UK/1944 1160-10 (23 January 1947).
- <2> SMO7523 Archive: Dyer, C.. 1998-1998. RCHME: Brendon Hills Mapping Project, SS 93 SW. AF1133201.
- <3> SEM7987 Digital archive: Historic England. Various. National Record of the Historic Environment (NRHE) entry. 1134114, Extant 9 May 2022.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9146 3101 (299m by 336m) Aerial Survey|
|Civil Parish||DULVERTON, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1134114 (Original Monarch entry: 1134114)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO9402
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 93 SW110
- NRHE HOB UID (Pastscape): 1134114
Record last edited
May 9 2022 10:19PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.