MMO1064 - Post-medieval extractive pits west of Rock Close Copse (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
Two extractive pits of probable post medieval date are visible as earthworks on vertical aerial photographs. [1-3]
- <1> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF CPE/UK/2082 4032 (19 May 1947).
- <2> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF 543/2821 (F62) 0272-3 (27 April 1964).
- <3> SMO7523 Archive: RCHME: Brendon Hills Mapping Project, SS 93 SW. AF1133201.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9166 3293 (168m by 56m) (Aerial Survey)|
|Civil Parish||WINSFORD, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1134098 (Original Monarch entry: 1134098)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO8619
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 93 SW94
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1134098
Record last edited
Dec 6 2016 10:00AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.