MMO1063 - Post-medieval field system on Summerway and The Allotments (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (3)
- None recorded
Fragments of a banked field system with narrow ridge and furrow (possibly steam ploughed) on Summerway and The Allotments. This field system, which is likely to be post-medieval in date, is visible on vertical aerial photographs. A subcircular enclosure is also visible at SS 9074 3319, immediately to the south of Edbrooke Hill Gate, which is probably contemporary with the field system. [1-4]
- <1> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF CPE/UK/1944 2159-60 (23 January 1947).
- <2> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF CPE/UK/2082 4033-4 (19 May 1947).
- <3> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF 543/2821 (F62) 0269-71 (27 April 1964).
- <4> SMO7523 Archive: RCHME: Brendon Hills Mapping Project, SS 93 SW. AF1133201.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9061 3328 (1230m by 812m) (Aerial Survey)|
|Civil Parish||WINSFORD, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
|Civil Parish||EXTON, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1134097 (Original Monarch entry: 1134097)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO8618
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 93 SW93
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1134097
Record last edited
Dec 6 2016 9:59AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.