MMO1033 - Post-medieval field system south of Hone Lane (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (2)
- None recorded
Field banks and ditches of post-medieval date are visible on vertical aerial photographs in an area of rough ground to the south of Hone Lane. A long linear mound is also visible (50 metres by 5 metres) running diagonally up to a break in the modern field boundary. The origin of this mound is uncertain but it may be associated with a trackway or path running up to the field entrance. [1-3]
- <1> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF CPE/UK/1944 3157-8 (23 January 1947).
- <2> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF 543/2821 (F63) 0274-5 (27 April 1964).
- <3> SMO7523 Archive: RCHME: Brendon Hills Mapping Project, SS 93 SW. AF1133201.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9271 3292 (249m by 138m) (Aerial Survey)|
|Civil Parish||EXTON, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1133901 (Original Monarch entry: 1133901)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO7232
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 93 SW87
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1133901
Record last edited
Dec 6 2016 7:57PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.