MMO1031 - Possible post-medieval pillow mounds north of Hone Lane, Bridgetown (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
At least three linear mounds (15 metres by 5 metres) are visible as earthworks on vertical aerial photographs in a patch of rough ground to the north of Hone Lane, Bridgetown. These features may be post-medieval pillow mounds. [1-3]
- <1> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF CPE/UK/1944 3157-8 (23 January 1947).
- <2> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF 543/2821 (F62) 0274-5 (27 April 1964).
- <3> SMO7523 Archive: RCHME: Brendon Hills Mapping Project, SS 93 SW. AF1133201.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9268 3287 (66m by 31m) (Aerial Survey)|
|Civil Parish||EXTON, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1133899 (Original Monarch entry: 1133899)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO7230
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 93 SW85
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1133899
Record last edited
Dec 6 2016 7:54PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.