MMO1030 - Five post-medieval ironstone pits north of Hone Lane (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
Linear series of five small pits (5m by 3m), possibly post medieval ironstone pits, visible as earthworks on vertical aerial photographs to the north of Hone Lane, Bridgetown. [1,2]
- --- SMO7523 Archive: RCHME: Brendon Hills Mapping Project, SS 93 SW. AF1133201.
- <1> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF CPE/UK/1944 3157-8 23-JAN-1947.
- <2> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF 543/2821 (F62) 0274-5 27-APR-1964.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9282 3304 (18m by 26m) (Aerial Survey)|
|Civil Parish||EXTON, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1133898 (Original Monarch entry: 1133898)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO7229
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 93 SW84
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1133898
Record last edited
Dec 20 2012 3:18PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.