MEM25161 - Post-medieval building northeast of Frackford Bridge (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
The Tithe Map for Dunster depicts a rectangular building at SS 9852 4328, on the southern side of the road from Frackford Bridge to Dunster (predating the A396). It is within field parcel 569, which the Apportionment describes as "Barn Close etc".  The building is again shown on the 25 inch 1st Edition Ordnance Survey map. The road layout is still in its original arrangement at this time.  The arrangement shown on the 1st Edition map is repeated on the 25 inch 2nd Edition map.  The building may or may not be shown on the 1946-8 Royal Air Force aerial photographs of the site. The road layout had been altered by this time.  The building is no longer present on the 2008 aerial photographs. 
- <1> SEM8089 Map: 1842. Dunster Tithe Map and Apportionment. 6 chains = 1 inch. Land parcel 569.
- <2>XY SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1854-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500. [Mapped feature: #47898 ]
- <3> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. County Series; 2nd Edition (1st Revision) 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <4> SEM6707 Aerial photograph: Royal Air Force. 1946 -1948. Vertical Aerial Photography.
- <5> SEM7560 Aerial photograph: Geoinformation. 2008. Vertical Aerial Photography of Exmoor National Park.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9852 4328 (22m by 21m)|
|Civil Parish||DUNSTER, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- None recorded
Record last edited
Mar 30 2022 11:34AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.