MEM24716 - 20th Century pavilion and leisure spaces at Lynton and Lynmouth Bowls Club (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (3)
- None recorded
The site is shown as a clear area of field on the 25 inch 2nd Edition Ordnance Survey map.  The 6 inch 1938 Ordnance Survey map depicts a building sited at SS 7158 4928.  The building is visible on the 1946-8 Royal Air Force photographs of the site, adjacent to various leisure spaces.  The building is labelled as a Pavilion on the 25 inch 1975 Ordnance Survey map. The leisure spaces are labelled as tennis courts and putting greens.  2018 MasterMap data labels the main building as a Sports Pavilion and the adjacent spaces as Tennis Courts and a Bowling Green. One of the tennis courts has been repurposed as a car park. 
- <1> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <2> SEM7603 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1928-1938. 6 Inch Map: 1928-1938, 3rd Edition. 1:10560.
- <3> SEM6707 Aerial photograph: Royal Air Force. 1946 -1948. Vertical Aerial Photography.
- <4> SEM8571 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1975. 1:2,500 Map, 1975. 1:2,500.
- <5> SEM8545 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2018. MasterMap.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 7155 4925 (112m by 112m)|
|Civil Parish||LYNTON AND LYNMOUTH, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- None recorded
Record last edited
Jul 21 2020 11:36AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.