MEM24489 - Second World War Shell Craters on Larkbarrow (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
Three shell craters recorded by Southwest Archaeology are adjacent to the boundary between Larkbarrow and Madacombe, on its western side, their dimensions are: - SS 82668 42927, measuring 2m x 2m x 0.5m. - SS 82657 42970, measuring 2m x 2m x 0.6m. - SS 82610 42933, measuring 3m x 3m x 0.5m. [1-2]
- <1> SEM8124 Report: Morris, B.. 2014. Larkbarrow Farm, Exmoor: Results of a walkover survey. p. 19; ELB14(2-4).
- <2>XY SEM8281 Digital archive: Bray, L.. 2014-2015. Larkbarrow, Exmoor: Archaeological walkover survey. p. 1; ELB14(2-4). [Mapped features: #44996 Shell crater., ELB14(2); #44997 Shell crater., ELB14(3); #44998 Shell crater., ELB14(4)]
|Grid reference||Centred SS 82639 42948 (58m by 43m)|
|Civil Parish||EXMOOR, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (0)
- Mires Feature Reference (Monument): ELB14(2)
- Mires Feature Reference (Monument): ELB14(3)
- Mires Feature Reference (Monument): ELB14(4)
Record last edited
Aug 16 2018 10:40AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.