MEM24286 - Post-medieval building north of Legg's Ball Plantation (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
The site is shown as a clear area intersected by a field boundary on the Tithe Map for Treborough.  The 1st Edition Ordnance Survey map shows an L shaped building at SS 9910 3708, within a small enclosure to the east of the field boundary.  This arrangement is repeated on the 2nd Edition map.  Aerial photographs dating to the 1940s show the building as a linear structure at SS 9910 3708, aligned east to west, straddling the field boundary and with the enclosed area on the northern side. It is not clear to what extent the structure of the original building was incorporated into this new layout.  Modern MasterMap data shows the building as ruinous and does not depict the enclosure. 
- <1> SSO687 Map: 1841. Treborough Tithe Map and Apportionment.
- <2> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <3> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <4> SEM6707 Aerial photograph: Royal Air Force. 1946 -1948. Vertical Aerial Photography.
- <5> SEM8545 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2018. MasterMap.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9910 3708 (28m by 30m)|
|Civil Parish||TREBOROUGH, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- None recorded
Record last edited
Jun 26 2018 4:55PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.