MEM24256 - Undated earthwork on Kedworthy Down (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
McDonnell has transcribed a single linear earthwork at SS 7177 3735.  There are no features marked in this location on modern or historic mapping available to the HER. [2-5] The feature is clearly visible on aerial photographs taken in 1946-8, in 1977 and in recent years. Another linear earthwork meets it at its northwestern end at SS 7175 3736 and heads northeasterly from it, forming a V shaped earthwork. There are other linear and amorphous features in the vicinity that may also be associated. [6-9]
- <1> SEM7406 Unpublished document: McDonnell, R.. 1980. Gazetteer of Sites in the Exmoor National Park Identified through Aerial Photography. SS7137 - page missing from transcription recordings.
- <2> SEM8103 Map: Northcote, G.. 1838. High Bray Tithe Map and Apportionment.
- <3> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <4> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <5> SEM8545 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2018. MasterMap.
- <6> SEM6707 Aerial photograph: Royal Air Force. 1946 -1948. Vertical Aerial Photography.
- <7> SEM7408 Aerial photograph: Meridian Air Maps. 1977-1978. Infrared False Colour Aerial Photography. 1977.
- <8> SEM8039 Aerial photograph: Getmapping. 2013. Vertical Aerial Photography of Exmoor National Park.
- <9> SEM8520 Aerial photograph: Getmapping. 2017. Vertical Aerial Photography of Exmoor National Park.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 7177 3736 (64m by 45m)|
|Civil Parish||BRAYFORD, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- None recorded
Record last edited
May 29 2018 1:25PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.