MEM24028 - Post-medieval building at Enterwell (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
The Tithe Map for Exton shows a path zigzagging up the slope from the main road at the valley bottom towards Luckyard Farmstead. One of the hairpins of the road is at SS 9196 3571. The land is described as pasture, with the plot named Henwell.  The 1st Edition Ordnance Survey map shows a linear building situated along the road on the northeastern side of the hairpin, at SS 9197 3570. The building is c. 25 metres long and 5 metres wide.  The building still largely appears to be extant, although may have been reduced in size. The site is obscured by trees on modern aerial photographs. [3-6]
- <1> SSO677 Map: 1838. Exton Tithe Map and Apportionment. Land parcel 231.
- <2> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <3> SEM8512 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2017. MasterMap.
- <4> SEM8039 Aerial photograph: Getmapping. 2013. Vertical Aerial Photography of Exmoor National Park.
- <5> SEM8415 Aerial photograph: Getmapping. 2015. Vertical Aerial Photography of Exmoor National Park.
- <6> SEM8520 Aerial photograph: Getmapping. 2017. Vertical Aerial Photography of Exmoor National Park.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9197 3570 (22m by 25m)|
|Civil Parish||EXTON, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- None recorded
Record last edited
Mar 13 2018 11:23AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.