MEM23982 - Roadwater (Place)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
The historic core of Roadwater (excluding Lower Roadwater) has been drawn using historic mapping available to the HER. There may be surviving features relating to the settlement outside of this area. [1-4] Roadwater is described as "a long ribbon in the valley of the Washford River". 
- <1>XY SEM7922 Map: Ham, R.. 1839. Old Cleeve Tithe Map and Apportionment. [Mapped feature: #44009 Historic core of Roadwater, ]
- <2> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <3> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <4> SEM8512 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2017. MasterMap.
- <5> SEM8113 Monograph: Orbach, J. and Pevsner, N.. 2014. The Buildings of England: Somerset - South and West. Yale University Press. 542.
|Grid reference||Centred ST 0312 3829 (332m by 411m) Mapped using all sources available|
|Historic Parish||OLD CLEEVE|
|Civil Parish||OLD CLEEVE, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- Local Plan - Historic Core: Roadwater
Record last edited
Oct 25 2021 3:37PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.