MEM23928 - Signpost north of Bratton Court (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
A signpost was visited in September 2017, before and after vegetation management and its condition assessed. It has SCC (Somerset County Council) repeated on the four sides of a pyramid finial and was missing a finger. The attached fingers read: [missing] BRATTON / PORLOCK 4 1/4 HINDON AND WYDON / (NO THROUGH ROAD) The post is marked SOMERSET but includes no maker details.  The signpost was mapped using resources available to the HER. [2-4]
- <1> SEM8519 Unpublished document: Various. 2017-8. Exmoor and West Somerset Main Signpost Survey. MW5.
- <2>XY SEM8512 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2017. MasterMap. [Mapped feature: #43942 Signpost location, ]
- <3> SEM8076 Website: Google. 2014 -. Google Maps. Street View, 17 October 2017.
- <4> SEM8520 Aerial photograph: Getmapping. 2017. Vertical Aerial Photography of Exmoor National Park.
|Grid reference||SS 9464 4634 (point)|
|Civil Parish||MINEHEAD WITHOUT, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (0)
- Signpost Project 2017-8 (B; D; F): MW5
Record last edited
Aug 17 2020 12:17PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.