MEM23910 - Beasley Farm (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
The Carhampton Tithe Map shows two farmsteads at SS 9534 4044. It comprises four buildings at SS 9533 4043, SS 9534 4047, SS 9533 4041, SS 9534 4039; these are all in land parcel 1118. There are also various small enclosures to the north and west of the group, at SS 9532 4044 (land parcel 1118), SS 9533 4049 (1117), SS 9536 4049 (1116) and SS 9533 4053 (1115). On the eastern side of the road is a rectangular building at SS 9538 4046 and a larger range at SS 9542 4045; these are labelled 1137. The apportionment describes these as below. Owned by Charles Beague, occupied by William Oatway; part of the Beazley holding: 1115 - Orchard 1116 - Orchard 1117 - Orchard 1118 - House Bartons and Garden Owned by Robert Hole of Harwood, occupied by Edward Cording; part of the Croydon Coombe and Beazley holding: 1137 - Beazley Barn and Barton.  The 1st Edition Ordnance Survey map shows some changes, with several of the smaller buildings having been demolished and new ones constucted around the site. The building at SS 9533 4043 appears to be the main farm house. The area is labelled "Beazley". This arrangement is repeated on the 2nd Edition map. [2,3] Most of the buildings shown on the 2nd Edition map still appear to be extant. 
- <1> SEM7803 Map: 1840. Carhampton Tithe Map and Apportionment. Land parcels 1115-1118, 1137.
- <2> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <3> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <4> SEM8545 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2018. MasterMap.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9537 4047 (149m by 201m)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- None recorded
Record last edited
May 30 2018 10:30AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.