MEM23891 - Heasley Mill (Place)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
The part of the settlement that lies within the bounds of the National Park has been mapped from historic mapping available to the HER. [1-3] Heasley Mill. Site of a medieval mill mentioned in the documents of 1314 and 1316.  Mills at Heasley are referred to briefly in an article on local industries.  Much mining activity around Heasley Mill in the 19th Century (see MDE1219). 
- <1> SEM7405 Map: 1841. North Molton Tithe Map and Apportionment.
- <2> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <3> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <4> SDE69592 Article in serial: Annett, N.. 1976. North Molton: The pre-census population. Transactions of the Devonshire Association. 108. 72.
- <5> SDE60673 Article in serial: Slee, A. H.. 1938. Some Dead Industries of North Devon. Transactions of the Devonshire Association. 70. 127. 216.
- <6> SDE322563 Article in serial: Claughton, P. F.. 1992. The North Molton Copper mine; riches in the west. North Devon Heritage Journal. 4. 6. 2-7.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 7370 3223 (268m by 148m) (Historic mapping)|
|Civil Parish||NORTH MOLTON, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 15571
- Devon SMR: SS73SW/30
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MDE20418
- Local Plan - Historic Core
Record last edited
Aug 17 2020 11:15AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.