MEM23847 - Weatherham Farm (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
Farmstead shown on the Kings Brompton Tithe Map of 1841, within land parcel 1103a. This is described as "Witherham: House Bartons Gardens etc", owned and occupied by Margaret Melhuish.  The farmstead includes a farmhouse at SS 9395 3084 (shown on tithe map), a barn at SS 9391 3084 (shown on tithe map), an attached linhay to the south at SS 9391 3083 (shown on the 1st Edition Ordnance Survey map), a linear range at SS93933084 (shown on tithe map) and a small rectangular building adjacent to the road into the farmstead and originally in an adjacent field at SS 9397 3085 (shown on tithe map). A pond is depicted at SS93923082 on the 1st and 2nd Edition Ordnance Survey maps and a square building is shown to have abutted the western elevation of the barn on the 2nd Edition Ordnance Survey map at SS 9390 3084; this is not shown on the 2018 MasterMap data but can be seen in aerial photographs dating to 2017. A linear building has also been added at SS 9390 3085 at some time in the 20th Century. [1-6] A record of the threshing barn (SS 9391 3084) was made in 2019 prior to conversion. 
- <1> SSO76 Map: 1841. Kings Brompton Tithe Map and Apportionment. 6 chains = 1 inch. Land parcel 1103a.
- <2> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <3> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <4> SEM6707 Aerial photograph: Royal Air Force. 1946 -1948. Vertical Aerial Photography.
- <5> SEM8545 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2018. MasterMap.
- <6> SEM8039 Aerial photograph: Getmapping. 2013. Vertical Aerial Photography of Exmoor National Park.
- <7> SEM8674 Report: Ringrose, J.. 2019. Historic record of the threshing barn at Weatherham Farm.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9393 3084 (93m by 51m)|
|Historic Parish||KINGS BROMPTON|
|Civil Parish||BROMPTON REGIS, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (0)
- None recorded
Record last edited
Jul 1 2019 11:51AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.