MEM23839 - 6 and 8, Northmoor Road, Dulverton (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (2)
The site is shown as a clear plot on the Dulverton Tithe Map.  The 1st Edition Ordnance Survey shows a subdivided building facing the road at SS 9133 2819. The layout appears to be repeated on the 2nd Edition map. [2,3] The buildings still appear to be largely extant, although subject to some alterations to the rear (west) and south, and are labelled numbers 6 and 8 on modern MasterMap data.  The buildings are mentioned as Plot 7 in sales particulars dating from 1897. This is described as "two cottages, gardens & premises now in the occupation of Mr Hy. Newbury and Mrs Tee as tenants thereof, together with the stable now in the occupation of Mrs Sayer as tenant thereof." 
- <1> SSO187 Map: 1838. Dulverton Tithe Map and Apportionment.
- <2> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <3> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <4> SEM8322 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2016. MasterMap.
- <5> SEM8476 Unpublished document: Sowton Barrow, R.. 1897. Particulars, plan and conditions of sale of all those desirable freehold properties known as 'Addlemead', 'Westerns' & 'Vineyard' including seven dwelling-houses.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9133 2819 (13m by 17m) (MasterMap)|
|Civil Parish||DULVERTON, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Apr 24 2017 3:59PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.