MEM23739 - Stockleigh Farm (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
The site is shown as a clear field on the 2nd Edition Ordnance Survey map.  Aerial photographs taken by the Royal Air Force in 1946-8 show a farmstead in this location.  The farmstead is shown on modern mapping and named Stockleigh.  The site was seen from a distance in January 1997. The house was thought to appear similar to mid 19th Century semidetached cottages, with a separate yard of similar date. It was suggested the site may be "some sort of model farm on a small scale". 
- <1> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <2> SEM6707 Aerial photograph: Royal Air Force. 1946 -1948. Vertical Aerial Photography.
- <3> SEM8322 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2016. MasterMap.
- <4> SEM6996 Report: Schofield, J.. 1997. Exmoor Farmsteads: An evaluation of old steadings within Exmoor National Park. Farm reference 217.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 8471 3839 (118m by 114m) (MasterMap)|
|Civil Parish||EXFORD, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (0)
- Exmoor Farmsteads Survey 1996-1997 (2): 217
Record last edited
Dec 6 2016 1:31PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.