MEM23694 - Winsford Garage, Exford Road, Winsford (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (2)
- None recorded
The garage is not depicted on the Ordnance Survey map dating to 1962.  The garage is depicted and labelled at SS 9065 3493 on the 1974-5 Ordnance Survey map.  A garage is still shown on modern MasterMap data in this location.  An historic photograph of the garage is held by the Winsford Archive, possibly dating to the 1960s. It shows that there were fourl BP petrol pumps to the front of the building and it had a large show window facing the street. The entrance was on the southern elevation.  The garage has been greatly extended to the north (in order to allow the servicing of cars) and the glazed area to the front of the original building has also been increased. 
- <1> SEM7220 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1962. 6 Inch Map: 1962. 1:10560.
- <2> SMO5112 Map: Ordnance Survey. Various. Ordnance Survey Map (Scale / Date) . 1:2500/1974-5.
- <3> SEM8322 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2016. MasterMap.
- <4> SEM8357 Archive: Winsford History Society. Various. Winsford Archive.
- <5> SEM8076 Website: Google. 2014 -. Google Maps. Street View, 28 September 2016.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9066 3493 (14m by 17m) (MasterMap)|
|Civil Parish||WINSFORD, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- None recorded
Record last edited
Sep 28 2016 12:26PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.