MEM23576 - 19th Century water meadow southwest of Holnicote House (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
Gullies associated with a water meadow system are visible to the south of two sluices at Brandish Street Farm. It is thought to have emptied into the River Aller. [1-3]
- <1> SEM6864 Report: Richardson, I.. 2007. Brandish Street Farm Archaeological Survey. 115623, p21-22.
- <2> SEM6873 Report: Richardson, I.. 2001. Holnicote Estate Archaeological Survey: Part 2. 115623, p185.
- <3> SEM8305 Archive: National Trust. National Trust’s archaeological and historic building database. MNA168137.
|Grid reference||SS 9074 4619 (point) (Estimated from sources)|
|Civil Parish||SELWORTHY, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
External Links (1)
- https://heritagerecords.nationaltrust.org.uk/HBSMR/MonRecord.aspx?uid=MNA168137 (National Trust HER entry: MNA168137)
- Coastal Risk 2016: Flood Zone 2 fluvial
- Coastal Risk 2016: Flood Zone 3 fluvial
- National Trust HER Record: MNA168137
Record last edited
Mar 4 2019 3:03PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.