MEM23574 - Piles Mill Leat, Holnicote Estate (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
The mill leat associated with Piles Mill was taken off the River Aller at the north end of the Paddock.  The line of the leat is depicted on the Selworthy Tithe Map.  'Mill Leat' is labelled and depicted on the 1st and 2nd Edition 25 inch Ordnance Survey maps. The leat is longer than that shown on the earlier Tithe Map. [3,4] The line of the leat is depicted on the Ordnance Survey MasterMap. 
- <1> SEM8305 Archive: National Trust. National Trust’s archaeological and historic building database. MNA168186.
- <2> SEM7926 Map: 1841. Selworthy Tithe Map and Apportionment.
- <3> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <4> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <5> SEM8322 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2016. MasterMap.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9089 4618 (704m by 891m) (Historic mapping)|
|Civil Parish||SELWORTHY, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
External Links (0)
- Coastal Risk 2016: Flood Zone 2 fluvial
- Coastal Risk 2016: Flood Zone 3 fluvial
- National Trust HER Record: MNA168186
Record last edited
Mar 4 2019 2:20PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.