MEM23520 - Post-medieval building to the southwest of Home Farm Cottage (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
A small rectangular building is depicted to the southwest of Home Farm Cottage on the Countisbury Tithe Map.  A building is depicted within this location on both the First and Second Edition 25 inch Ordnance Survey maps. [2,3] A building is present on the Ordnance Survey MasterMap.  The depiction of the orientation and size of the structure changes between the Ordnance Survey MasterMap data of 2018 and 2020. It is not clear if this is a correction to the original data or if the building has been replaced. [5,6]
- <1> SEM8072 Map: <1841. Countisbury Tithe Map and Apportionment.
- <2> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <3> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <4> SEM8322 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2016. MasterMap.
- <5>XY SEM8545 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2018. MasterMap. [Mapped feature: #46869 ]
- <6> SEM8817 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2020. MasterMap data. 1:2,500.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 7974 4934 (7m by 7m) (MasterMap)|
|Civil Parish||COUNTISBURY, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jan 11 2021 4:46PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.