MEM23519 - Post-medieval building to the northeast of Home Farm Cottage (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
A small square building is depicted to the northeast of Home Farm Cottage on the Countisbury Tithe Map.  A building is also depicted within this location on the First and Second Edition 25 inch Ordnance Survey maps. [2,3] The building is not present on the Ordnance Survey MasterMap.  The building is shown on the 2018 MasterMap data in the same position as that on the 25 inch 1st Edition map. [2,5]
- <1> SEM8072 Map: <1841. Countisbury Tithe Map and Apportionment.
- <2> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <3> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <4> SEM8322 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2016. MasterMap.
- <5>XY SEM8545 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2018. MasterMap. [Mapped feature: #46870 ]
|Grid reference||Centred SS 7979 4937 (9m by 9m) (Historic mapping)|
|Civil Parish||COUNTISBURY, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jan 11 2021 4:59PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.