MEM23395 - Lorna Doone Farm, Churchtown, Parracombe (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
The area is shown as blank fields on the 1st Edition Ordnance Survey map but, by the time the 2nd Edition map was surveyed, the main farmhouse at SS 6746 4478 had been constructed. It since appears to have been little altered. [1-4] Lorna Doone Farm is rendered with a slate roof and dates from the late 19th Century, built in traditional style with some remaining sash windows. 
- <1> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <2> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <3> SEM6707 Aerial photograph: Royal Air Force. 1946 -1948. Vertical Aerial Photography.
- <4> SEM8322 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2016. MasterMap.
- <5> SEM6948 Report: Fisher, J.. 2004. Parracombe: Conservation Area Character Appraisal. 15.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 6746 4477 (17m by 15m) (MasterMap)|
|Civil Parish||PARRACOMBE, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jun 29 2016 10:43AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.