MEM23259 - Willingford Farm, Exmoor (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
The 1st Edition Ordnance Survey map shows Willingford as two ranges of buildings, situated at SS 8149 3317 and SS 8149 3315.  By the time the 2nd Edition map had been surveyed, the original buildings had been joined by a thinner linear range at SS 8148 3317. A well is also marked at the site.  The original buildings at the farm still appear to be extant, although it is not clear whether the later linear range is still present.  The farmstead was seen from a distance in January 1997. The house was thought to be 18th or 19th Century in date, rerendered and tidied. A farm building was noted behind it with a tin roof. It was all thought to be late in date. 
- <1> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <2> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <3> SEM8033 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2014. MasterMap.
- <4> SEM6996 Report: Schofield, J.. 1997. Exmoor Farmsteads: An evaluation of old steadings within Exmoor National Park. Farm reference 199.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 8148 3317 (45m by 52m) (Historic mapping)|
|Civil Parish||EXMOOR, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (0)
- Exmoor Farmsteads Survey 1996-1997 (3): 199
Record last edited
Apr 19 2021 11:19PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.