MEM23257 - Tucker's Farm (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (2)
- None recorded
The Tithe Map for Molland shows no buildings in the area of the current site.  A single structure, labelled "Tucker's Farm", is shown on the 1st and 2nd Edition Ordnance Survey maps with a pond slightly to its southwest. [2,3] The building is still apparently extant, with a small extension to its east. The pond no longer appears to be extant.  The site was seen from a distance in January 1997. The building was described as a very small, late 19th Century rubble building with brick segmental heads to its openings. A lower open-fronted shed had been attached to its end. 
- <1> SEM7661 Map: 1841. Molland Tithe Map and Apportionment.
- <2> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <3> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <4> SEM8033 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2014. MasterMap.
- <5> SEM6996 Report: Schofield, J.. 1997. Exmoor Farmsteads: An evaluation of old steadings within Exmoor National Park. Farm reference 196.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 8026 2965 (11m by 12m) (MasterMap)|
|Civil Parish||MOLLAND, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (0)
- Exmoor Farmsteads Survey 1996-1997 (3): 196
Record last edited
Feb 17 2015 1:19PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.