MEM23252 - Lower Sherdon Farm (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
The farmstead is shown on the 1st and 2nd Edition Ordnance Survey maps in a similary form to its present layout. This consists of a farmhouse at SS 7992 3526 with a linear range of structures at SS 7990 3523. Both are orientated northeast to southwest. [1-3] The farmstead was viewed from a distance in January 1997. The house was said to look 19th Century in date, though much altered and with blockwork horse accommodation on its end. 
- <1> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <2> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <3> SEM8033 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2014. MasterMap.
- <4> SEM8033 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2014. MasterMap. Farm reference 190.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 7991 3524 (65m by 71m) (Historic mapping)|
|Civil Parish||EXMOOR, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (0)
- Exmoor Farmsteads Survey 1996-1997 (4): 190
Record last edited
Jan 15 2015 1:42PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.