MEM23160 - Combe Park Farm (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
The site is not shown on the 2nd Edition Ordnance Survey map.  The Royal Air Force 1946-8 aerial photographs show the house on the eastern side of the site, at SS 7351 4774, had been constructed by this time. The rest of the site is clear at this time.  The farmstead has grown to the east of the house, which is a bungalow. The buildings are all modern. [3,4] The farmstead was visited in January 1997 and noted to be 20th Century in date. 
- <1> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <2> SEM6707 Aerial photograph: Royal Air Force. 1946 -1948. Vertical Aerial Photography.
- <3> SEM8033 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2014. MasterMap.
- <4> SEM8076 Website: Google. 2014 -. Google Maps. Street View, 11 December 2014.
- <5> SEM6996 Report: Schofield, J.. 1997. Exmoor Farmsteads: An evaluation of old steadings within Exmoor National Park. Farm reference 124.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 7350 4774 (80m by 63m) (MasterMap)|
|Civil Parish||LYNTON AND LYNMOUTH, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (0)
- Exmoor Farmsteads Survey 1996-1997 (4): 124
Record last edited
Mar 13 2018 3:51PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.