MEM23158 - Scoresdown Farm, Brendon (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
The site is shown as open fields on the 2nd Edition Ordnance Survey map.  The 1946-8 Royal Air Force aerial photographs show a small building situated at SS 7360 4669. Its function is not clear.  The site is now labelled Scoresdown Farm and shows a group of large modern agricultural buildings adjacent to a house named 'Ridgeview', which may or may not act as the farmhouse.  The farmstead was visited in January 1997. It was noted to be 20th Century in date. 
- <1> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <2> SEM6707 Aerial photograph: Royal Air Force. 1946 -1948. Vertical Aerial Photography.
- <3> SEM8033 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2014. MasterMap.
- <4> SEM6996 Report: Schofield, J.. 1997. Exmoor Farmsteads: An evaluation of old steadings within Exmoor National Park. Farm reference 122.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 7354 4669 (146m by 112m) (MasterMap)|
|Civil Parish||BRENDON, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (0)
- Exmoor Farmsteads Survey 1996-1997 (4): 122
Record last edited
Apr 26 2020 8:28PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.