MEM23133 - Oaremeade Farm, Oare (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
The site is shown as a clear plot on the 2nd Edition Ordnance Survey map. The farmstead first appears on the 1946-8 aerial photographs taken by the RAF. It has since expanded to the west. [1-3] The farmstead was visited in January 1997. It was described as virtually all 20th Century buildings, as an assembly of tin and wood structures. 
- <1> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <2> SEM6707 Aerial photograph: Royal Air Force. 1946 -1948. Vertical Aerial Photography.
- <3> SEM8033 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2014. MasterMap.
- <4> SEM6996 Report: Schofield, J.. 1997. Exmoor Farmsteads: An evaluation of old steadings within Exmoor National Park. Farm reference 94.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 7963 4780 (135m by 103m) (MasterMap)|
|Civil Parish||OARE, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (0)
- Exmoor Farmsteads Survey 1996-1997 (3): 94
Record last edited
Jan 12 2021 3:29PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.