MEM23124 - Outovercott (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
The site is shown as a clear plot on the Lynton and Lynmouth Tithe Map and the 1st Edition Ordnance Survey map. [1,2] The farmstead is depicted on the 2nd Edition map and labelled Out Over Cott. This includes the farmhouse (with a smaller plan form that currently exists) and two small buildings fronting the road, at SS70054694 and SS70024692. Only the latter of the two appears to be still extant. [3,4] The farmstead was visited in December 1996. The house was noted to be Edwardian with accompanying 20th Century farm buildings. 
- <1> SEM7677 Map: 1840. Lynton and Lynmouth Parish Tithe Map and Apportionment.
- <2> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <3> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <4> SEM8033 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2014. MasterMap.
- <5> SEM6996 Report: Schofield, J.. 1997. Exmoor Farmsteads: An evaluation of old steadings within Exmoor National Park. Farm reference 80.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 7004 4693 (52m by 40m) (Historic mapping)|
|Civil Parish||LYNTON AND LYNMOUTH, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (0)
- Exmoor Farmsteads Survey 1996-1997 (4): 80
Record last edited
Nov 25 2014 2:31PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.