MEM23121 - Higher Mannacott Farm, Martinhoe (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
The farmstead is shown on the Martinhoe Tithe Map with the farmhouse to the east (MDE21327) and an associated building facing it across the road to the west.  By the time the 1st Edition Ordnance Survey map was surveyed, the associated building had been removed. Its function may have been incorporated into a southern extension to the farmhouse (MDE21327). Slightly to the rear of the site of the demolished building, two small outbuildings had been constructed and these are also depicted on the 2nd Edition map. Since this date, the northern outbuilding has been removed but the southern one may still be extant at SS 6619 4795. [2-4] The site was visited in December 1996. A few "ad hoc" buildings were noted to be dotted around the farmhouse. 
- <1> SEM7573 Map: 1842. Martinhoe Tithe Map and Apportionment.
- <2> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <3> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <4> SEM8033 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2014. MasterMap.
- <5> SEM6996 Report: Schofield, J.. 1997. Exmoor Farmsteads: An evaluation of old steadings within Exmoor National Park. Farm reference 77.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 6620 4795 (38m by 35m) (Historic mapping)|
|Civil Parish||MARTINHOE, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (0)
- Exmoor Farmsteads Survey 1996-1997 (2/3): 77
Record last edited
Sep 30 2020 3:48PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.