MEM23069 - Rowley Moor Farm (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
The farmstead is not shown on any historic mapping or on the aerial photographs taken by the RAF in 1946-8. [1-4] The site was visited in 1996. The farmstead was described as 20th Century (or altered at that time) with associated 20th Century buildings. 
- <1> SDE89747 Map: 1839. Parracombe Tithe Map and Apportionment.
- <2> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <3> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <4> SEM6707 Aerial photograph: Royal Air Force. 1946 -1948. Vertical Aerial Photography.
- <5> SEM6996 Report: Schofield, J.. 1997. Exmoor Farmsteads: An evaluation of old steadings within Exmoor National Park. Farm reference 18.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 6494 4330 (132m by 88m) (MasterMap)|
|Civil Parish||PARRACOMBE, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (0)
- Exmoor Farmsteads Survey 1996-1997 (4): 18
Record last edited
Jan 5 2015 10:04AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.