MEM23066 - Brockenbarrow Farm (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
The farmstead is not shown on any historic mapping or on the 1946-8 aerial photographs. [1-4] The farmstead was visited in December 1996. The surveyor had not had sight of historic mapping for the area. It was thought the buildings dated from the 19th Century but had been modernised in the 20th Century. 
- <1> SEM7724 Map: 1839. Challacombe Tithe Map and Apportionment.
- <2> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <3> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <4> SEM6707 Aerial photograph: Royal Air Force. 1946 -1948. Vertical Aerial Photography.
- <5> SEM6996 Report: Schofield, J.. 1997. Exmoor Farmsteads: An evaluation of old steadings within Exmoor National Park. Farm reference 15.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 6652 4181 (81m by 178m) (MasterMap)|
|Civil Parish||CHALLACOMBE, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- Exmoor Farmsteads Survey 1996-1997 (4): 15
Record last edited
Oct 23 2014 2:28PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.