MEM23063 - Glebelands Farm (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
The farmstead is not shown on the 1st or 2nd Edition Ordnance Survey map or on the aerial photographs taken by the Royal Air Force in 1946-8. [1-3] The site was visited in December 1996. It was described as a recent bungalow and buildings. 
- <1> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <2> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <3> SEM6707 Aerial photograph: Royal Air Force. 1946 -1948. Vertical Aerial Photography.
- <4> SEM6996 Report: Schofield, J.. 1997. Exmoor Farmsteads: An evaluation of old steadings within Exmoor National Park. Farm reference 9.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 6881 4027 (155m by 178m) (MasterMap)|
|Civil Parish||CHALLACOMBE, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (0)
- Exmoor Farmsteads Survey 1996-1997 (4): 9
Record last edited
Oct 23 2014 10:48AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.