MEM23061 - Cornham Farm, Exmoor (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
The farmstead is shown on the 1st and 2nd Edition Ordnance Survey map as a group of buildings surrounding the north, east and west sides of a yard, which mostly still appear to be extant. A further building was situated to the southeast at c. SS 7491 3926 but this now appears to have been replaced by a larger, modern building. [1-3] The farmstead was visited in December 1996. One building was thought to be of 19th Century date and built of rubble stone.  This is presumably a farmstead built for the Knight family in the 19th Century. 
- <1>XY SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500. [Mapped feature: #41953 ]
- <2> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <3> SEM8033 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2014. MasterMap.
- <4> SEM6996 Report: Schofield, J.. 1997. Exmoor Farmsteads: An evaluation of old steadings within Exmoor National Park. Farm reference 7.
- <5> SMO5308 Verbal communication: Various. Various. Oral Information. Catherine Dove, 22 October 2014.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 7488 3927 (149m by 209m) (Historic mapping)|
|Civil Parish||EXMOOR, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (0)
- Exmoor Farmsteads Survey 1996-1997 (4): 7
Record last edited
Mar 17 2021 1:43PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.