MEM22986 - Post-medieval footbridge at Allerford (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
A post-medieval footbridge was visible on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd Edition Ordnance Survey maps. This was still seen on the 2014 MasterMap. The bridge was not labelled on the 1st Edition map, but it is clearly visible as a structure crossing the water. [1-4]
- <1> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <2> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <3> SEM8093 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1933-1938. County Series, Third Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <4> SEM8033 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2014. MasterMap.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9063 4674 (9m by 8m) (MasterMap)|
|Civil Parish||SELWORTHY, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
External Links (0)
- Coastal Risk 2014: Flood Zone 3 fluvial
- Coastal Risk 2016: Flood Zone 2 fluvial
- Coastal Risk 2016: Flood Zone 3 fluvial
Record last edited
Jul 11 2016 2:52PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.