MEM22953 - Post-medieval boundary post near Bossington Hill (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
A post-medieval boundary post was visible on the 1st Edition Ordnance Survey map, along with a triangulation station. This was not seen on the 2nd or 3rd Edition mapping, though the triangulation station was still present. No post or station were marked on the 2014 MasterMap. [1-4] This marked the parish boundary between Selworthy and Minehead Without. 
- <1>XY SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500. [Mapped feature: #41803 ]
- <2> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <3> SEM8093 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1933-1938. County Series, Third Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <4> SEM8033 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2014. MasterMap.
- <5> SEM8630 Verbal communication: Various. 1999-. Exmoor National Park Historic Environment Team staff comments. Sophie Thorogood, 22 September 2014.
|Grid reference||SS 9072 4857 (point) (Historic mapping)|
|Civil Parish||MINEHEAD WITHOUT, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
|Civil Parish||SELWORTHY, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (2)
Related Events/Activities (2)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Aug 17 2020 12:14PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.