MEM22943 - Post-medieval sluice at Horner (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
A post-medieval sluice was present on the mill leat for Horner Mill. This was visible on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd Edition Ordnance Survey maps. It was no longer recorded on the 2014 MasterMap. [1-4]
- <1> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <2> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <3> SEM8093 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1933-1938. County Series, Third Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <4> SEM8033 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2014. MasterMap.
|Grid reference||SS 8963 4486 (point) (Historic mapping)|
|Civil Parish||LUCCOMBE, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (2)
External Links (0)
- Coastal Risk 2014: Flood Zone 3 fluvial
Record last edited
May 9 2016 3:54PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.