MEM22939 - Post-medieval quarry at West Luccombe (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
A post-medieval quarry was visible on the 1st Edition Ordnance Survey map, annotated as an 'old quarry' indicating it had fallen out of use prior to the map survey. This is still recorded as 'old quarry' on the 2nd Edition map, with just the earthworks seen on the 3rd Edition map. MasterMap dating to 2014 shows the extent of the former quarry area, but earthworks are not recorded. [1-4]
- <1> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <2> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <3> SEM8093 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1933-1938. County Series, Third Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <4> SEM8033 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2014. MasterMap.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 8985 4612 (61m by 34m) (Historic mapping)|
|Civil Parish||LUCCOMBE, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
External Links (0)
- Coastal Risk 2014: Flood Zone 2 fluvial
- Coastal Risk 2014: Flood Zone 3 fluvial
- Coastal Risk 2016: Flood Zone 2 fluvial
- Coastal Risk 2016: Flood Zone 3 fluvial
Record last edited
Jul 12 2016 9:59AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.