MEM22872 - 20th Century mooring post at Porlock Weir (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
A 20th Century mooring post was visible on the 3rd Edition Ordnance Survey mapping. This was not present on the earlier 1st and 2nd Edition maps, and was not seen on the later 2014 MasterMap. The monument point was placed on the annotation, as it was not certain which feature was the post. [1-4]
- <1> SEM8093 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1933-1938. County Series, Third Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <2> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <3> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <4> SEM8033 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2014. MasterMap.
|Grid reference||SS 8639 4799 (point) (Historic mapping)|
|Civil Parish||PORLOCK, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
External Links (0)
- Coastal Risk 2014: Flood Zone 3 tidal
- Coastal Risk 2016: Flood Zone 2 tidal
- Coastal Risk 2016: Flood Zone 3 tidal
- Shoreline Management Plan 2 (0-20)
- Shoreline Management Plan 2 (20-50)
Record last edited
Aug 17 2020 12:13PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.