MEM22839 - Post-medieval pond or reservoir in Manor Wood (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
A post-medieval reservoir was visible on the 1st and 2nd Edition Ordnance Survey maps. This was still visible, but recorded as a pond on the 2014 MasterMap. [1-3] This feature is visible as a pond on the 1842 Oare Tithe map. 
- <1> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500. 1890.
- <2> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <3> SEM8033 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2014. MasterMap.
- <4> SSO346 Map: 1842. Oare Tithe Map and Apportionment.
- <5> SEM8600 Monograph: Halliday, U.. 1995. Glenthorne: A most romantic place. Exmoor Books. 1st E Edition.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 8003 4935 (13m by 17m) (Historic mapping)|
|Civil Parish||OARE, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (3)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jan 27 2021 12:18PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.