MEM22741 - Demolished building adjacent to Laurel Cottage (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
The Tithe Map for Luccombe shows an L shaped building fronting the road.  The 1st Edition Ordnance Survey map shows the building to be much reduced, with a small extension to the south, in the garden of what is now Laurel Cottage.  The main building was still extant when the 2nd Edition Ordnance Survey map was drawn but the small extension had been demolished.  The building is no longer extant.  Part of the building survives in the boundary wall between the car park and Laurel Cottage. 
- <1> SSO292 Map: Collard Cox, W.. 1841. Luccombe Tithe Map and Apportionment.
- <2> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <3> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <4> SEM8033 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2014. MasterMap.
- <5> SMO5308 Verbal communication: Various. Various. Oral Information or Staff Comments. C Dove, site visit, 28 June 2014.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 8878 4674 (29m by 29m) (Historic mapping)|
|Civil Parish||PORLOCK, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (0)
- Coastal Risk 2014: Flood Zone 3 fluvial
- Coastal Risk 2016: Flood Zone 2 fluvial
- Coastal Risk 2016: Flood Zone 3 fluvial
Record last edited
Jul 11 2016 1:14PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.