MEM22417 - Two post-medieval boundary stones on Holdstone Down (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
Two boundary stones are shown on historic mapping in this location. [1-2] It would seem from modern (2013) mapping that the stones are still extant. The stones are presumably associated with the larger group that subdivide the down (MDE21579). [3,4]
- <1> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <2> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <3> SEM7989 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2013. MasterMap.
- <4> SMO5308 Verbal communication: Various. Various. Oral Information. C Dove, 3 September 2013.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 6228 4749 (42m by 84m)|
|Civil Parish||COMBE MARTIN, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 54791
- Devon SMR: SS64NW/25/1
Record last edited
Aug 17 2020 12:11PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.