MEM22413 - Post-medieval water gardens at West Lynch (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
During a site visit to Lynch in 2013 the remains of water gardens were noted in this area.  'Nursery' appears on the 1st and 2nd Edition Ordnance Survey maps slightly to the west of the site, in a field further down the water course. [2,3]
- <1> SEM8630 Verbal communication: Various. 1999-. Exmoor National Park Historic Environment Team staff comments. R Wilson-North, 12 August 2013.
- <2> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <3> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
|Grid reference||SS 9023 4747 (point) (Historic mapping)|
|Civil Parish||SELWORTHY, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (0)
- Coastal Risk 2014: Flood Zone 3 fluvial
- Coastal Risk 2016: Flood Zone 2 fluvial
- Coastal Risk 2016: Flood Zone 3 fluvial
Record last edited
Aug 17 2020 12:11PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.