MEM22408 - Post-medieval pottery at Ash Farm (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
A quantity of medieval pottery was found on Ash Farm, Exmoor. A macehead from the same collection is annotated "found at Weirwater" - SS 828 462.  The collection was presented to Taunton Museum by EM Priscott in June 1962. [2,3] The pottery is probably all North Devon ware, c.1600-50, found on an old habitation site in Weir Wood. It was deposited by Priscott in 1962-3 and accessioned as 62.A.12.  The pottery may have come from MMO139, a deserted farmstead. 
- <1> SEM7386 Unpublished document: Wedlake, A.L.. 1962. Letter and Photograph of Finds from Ash Farm, Porlock.
- <2> SMO5308 Verbal communication: Various. Various. Oral Information or Staff Comments. EM Priscott.
- <3> SMO5110 Externally held archive reference: Externally held archive. Classified Index, Taunton Museum..
- <4> SMO4109 Serial: Somerset Archaeological and Natural History Society. 1851-. Proceedings of the Somerset Archaeological and Natural History Society. Volume 107 (1963), 28.
- <5> SEM8630 Verbal communication: Various. 1999-. Exmoor National Park Historic Environment Team staff comments. Catherine Dove, 24 July 2013.
|Grid reference||SS 827 462 (point)|
|Civil Parish||PORLOCK, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=35890 (Original Monarch entry: 35890)
- Exmoor National Park Authority HER number: MSO7888
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 84 NW5
- National Park
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 35890
- Somerset SMR PRN (Somerset): 33930
Record last edited
May 29 2019 10:36AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.