MEM22247 - Post-medieval fish market at Porlock Weir (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
A photograph taken c.1890-95 shows the fish market at Porlock Weir, opposite the Anchor Hotel and on the edge of the present car park. Herrings were sold from here until the turn of the century. 
- <1> SEM7093 Monograph: Corner, Dennis. 1992. Porlock in Those Days. Exmoor Books. p54-5.
|Grid reference||SS 8643 4789 (point) (Estimated from sources)|
|Civil Parish||PORLOCK, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (0)
- Coastal Risk 2014: Flood Zone 3 tidal
- Coastal Risk 2016: Flood Zone 2 tidal
- Coastal Risk 2016: Flood Zone 3 tidal
- Shoreline Management Plan 2 (50-100)
Record last edited
Aug 17 2020 12:11PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.