MEM15648 - Holewater Cottage, Holewater (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
A cottage is depicted on the North Molton Tithe Map at SS 7026 3511, within a small enclosure. A further small enclosure is shown to the northwest, being partly bounded by the river and the parish boundary. The enclosures are labelled 684 and 683, which the accompanying Apportionment describes as "Cottage and Garden" and "Garden" respectively. These together are labelled "Old Water", owned by Thomas Palmer Acland Esquire and occupied by William Shapland. The cottage is also marked on the 1st and 2nd Edition Ordnance Survey maps. A further building is also shown on the 1st Edition map at SS 7022 3513 but had been removed by the time the 2nd Edition map was surveyed. [1-4] The original building is named Holewater Cottage and still shown as extant on the 2010 Ordnance Survey MasterMap. 
- <1> SEM7405 Map: 1841. North Molton Tithe Map and Apportionment.
- <2> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <3> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <4> SEM7404 Unpublished document: Webber, P. + Tapper, H.. 2010. Desertions in North Molton Parish.
- <5>XY SEM7398 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2010. MasterMap. [Mapped feature: #37774 ]
|Grid reference||Centred SS 7024 3512 (44m by 41m) (Historic mapping)|
|Civil Parish||NORTH MOLTON, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- None recorded
Record last edited
Sep 8 2020 10:11AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.