MEM15624 - Cairn at Cloutsham Ball (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
A cairn is approximately 12 paces in diameter and 1.5 metres in diameter, at an elevation of approximately 180 metres above Ordnance Datum, at the north end of Cloutsham Ball. 
- <1> SEM6878 Report: McDonnell, R.R.J.. 1994. Horner Wood: Report on the Preliminary Archaeological Field Assessment of Two Sample Areas. Richard McDonnel. P.5-6; 23.
- <2> SEM7353 Monograph: Cannell, J.. 2005. The Archaeology of Woodland Exploitation in the Greater Exmoor Area in the Historic Period. Archaeopress BAR British Series. BAR 398. P.109-131; 262.
|Grid reference||SS 898 437 (point) Approximate|
|Civil Parish||LUCCOMBE, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1473484 (Pastscape entry: 1473484)
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- NRHE HOB UID (Pastscape): 1473484
Record last edited
Mar 17 2022 12:28PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.